Josh was craving something sweet. So I checked out my kitchen to see what was there and whipped this bad boy up.
2 slices shortcake
1 tsp olive oil
1 cup frozen mixed berries
1 Tbsp organic sugar
1 ounce organic dark chocolate candy bar, broken into pieces
1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp whipping cream (divided)
1 tsp Trader Joe’s Sugar, Chocolate & Coffee Bean Grinder blend
1. Brush both sides of shortcake slices with olive oil and place on a hot grill. Grill until crispy on both sides.
2. Mix berries and sugar in small saucepan and cook until warm and slightly syrupy.
3. In a separate small saucepan, combine chocolate pieces and 1 Tbsp whipping cream; heat until chocolate is melted.
4. Using a cold mixing bowl, whip the 1/2 cup whipping cream with a whisk attachment and add the Trader Joe’s Sugar, Chocolate & Coffee Bean blend while whipping. Continue whipping until peaks form.
5. Put the dessert together: Swirl chocolate mixture onto bottom of plate and place grilled shortcake on top. Pour berries and juice over top of shortcake and top with whipped cream.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 5 mins