Vegetables for breakfast? Certainly, when you stir them in with scrambled eggs and top the entire shebang with a bit of mozzarella cheese.
And if you can get hubby to cook them … well, that’s even better.
2 tsp water
1 Tbsp Earth Balance Buttery Spread
2 handfuls of fresh spinach
1-2 green onions
1 medium-small tomato (I used 5-6 cherry tomatoes)
Sea salt, to taste
1. Beat eggs and water with a fork. Set aside.
2. To wilt spinach, place in colander and pour boiling water over. Set aside.
3. Slice green onion. Remove seeds from tomato; chop in small pieces. Finely grate a small amount of mozzarella cheese. Set aside.
4. Melt buttery spread over medium heat. Pour eggs into hot pan, sprinkle with salt and slowly stir, scraping the bottom of the pan as you go.
5. Just before eggs are done, stir in spinach, tomatoes and green onion until heated through.
6. Serve immediately with a smattering of mozzarella cheese on top. Makes enough for 2 people.