A favorite apple dessert, we’ve talked about eating leftovers for breakfast. After all, it’s oatmeal and apples – and what better breakfast?
8 apples (or 5 apples and 3-4 pears)
2-4 Tbsp Fruit Sweet or honey, depending on sweetness of apples (Granny Smith’s need some sweetener, but the Galas needed none)
1 1/4 cup quick oatmeal
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
8 Tbsp Earth Balance buttery sticks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel, core and slice fruit to fill a 9 x 13” baking dish.
2. Drizzle sweetener evenly over the sliced fruit.
3. Blend oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt together; cut in buttery sticks with a pastry blender until mixture is crumbly.
4. Spread crumbly mixture evenly over fruit.
5. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until apples/pears are tender when pricked with a fork. Serve warm.