My sister-in-law doesn’t like baked potatoes, but she loves my oven fries. I don’t have the heart to tell her these are simply baked potatoes cut in the shape of fries.
Our preference is red potatoes, but fries can be made with white potatoes. Of course.
1 red potato per person
1/2 Tbsp olive oil per potato
Seasonings of your choice
1. Preheat oven to 385 degrees. Wash potatoes and cut out any bad spots.
2. Slice potatoes into french fry lengths, leaving skins on. Place on a cookie sheet.
3. Drizzle olive oil over fries. Sitr fries with metal spatula to distribute oil evenly.
4. Sprinkle fries with your favorite seasonings (I like a combination of garlic salt, Mrs. Dash and smoke-flavored paprika).
5. Stir fry lengths with spatula to evenly distribute seasonings.
6. Pop cookie sheet into pre-heated oven and set timer for 15 minutes. Bake for 30-40 minutes (depending on how crisp you like your fries), stirring every 15 minutes to keep them from sticking.